QV BIA New Initiatives:
- Bride Ideas 2014
- Community News
- New Businesses
- Quartier Vanier Merchants Survey
- Safety Program
- Street Beautification
- Vanier BIA Newsletter
QV BIA Weekly Updates:
Message de la nouvelle directrice exécutive
We are happy to welcome our new Executive Director, Jamie Kwong. Jamie was formerly the Executive Director for the Orleans Chamber of Commerce and we are looking forward to the skills she will bring to the BIA. The position began on February 9th. Below is a welcoming message from Ms. Kwong:
Dear Community of the Quartier Vanier BIA,
I am so delighted to be working with you all! This is such a dynamic and diverse neighborhood in Ottawa, ripe with exciting opportunities. I look forward to meeting you all and learning more about each of your businesses. With the Quartier Vanier Business Improvement Area being THE voice of the businesses along Beechwood Avenue, Montréal Road and McArthur Road, each street with its own unique characteristics and attributes, my focus as the Executive Director will be working on initiatives that are in alignment with, and further, the three overarching goals as reaffirmed by the Board of Directors’ Visioning Session 2014:
- To pursue initiatives that bring benefit to our BIA merchants;
- To beautify the Quartier Vanier BIA streets;
- To advocate on behalf of the of the Quartier Vanier BIA merchants’ issues and increase the profile of the Quartier Vanier BIA
Working with the Board of Directors, I hope to lead our Quartier Vanier BIA into exciting and sustainable achievements, both at a neighborhood-level but also at a city-wide level. Specifically, my focus is on bringing greater benefit to our local merchants, all of which will benefit our Quartier Vanier as a whole.
I look forward to working with you all in promoting our Quartier Vanier, as we are on the cusp of very exciting progress.
Executive Director / Directrice exécutive
Quartier Vanier (B.I.A – Z.A.C)
Upcoming QV BIA Meetings
Dear Quartier Vanier Merchants,
- Board Meeting: Please note that this meeting takes place on the 4th Tuesday of every month at noon.
- Safety and Physical Environment Committee: Please note that this meeting takes place on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at noon.
- Economic Development Committee and Marketing Commitee: TBA: Please note that this committee will resume in the New Year when committee chairs have been chosen. The 2015 meeting dates will be coming soon.
All meetings will take place in the QV BIA Boardroom at 287 Montréal Road.
Parking available behind our office. Please confirm your attendance.