Announcement: Friday December 12th
Please note that we are unfortunately having trouble with our phone line today. If you need to contact us, please call Suzanne’s cellphone at 613 222 7839, or drop by our office between our hours of 9-5 at 287 Montreal Rd.
Upcoming QV BIA Meetings
Dear Quartier Vanier Merchants,
If you have any questions or would like to attend any of these meetings, please contact Suzanne Valiquet.
- Board Meeting: Please note that this meeting takes place on the 4th Tuesday of every month at noon. This month’s meeting will be November 25th at noon.
- Safety and Physical Environment Committee: Please note that this meeting takes place on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at noon. This month’s meeting will be Tuesday, December 16th at noon.
- Economic Development Committee and Marketing Commitee: TBA: Please note that this committee will resume in the New Year when committee chairs have been chosen. The 2015 meeting dates will be coming soon.
All meetings will take place in the QV BIA Boardroom at 287 Montréal Road.
Parking available behind our office. Please confirm your attendance.
The Quartier Vanier BIA is looking for a new Executive Director
Details of the position are as follows:
The Executive Director should possess a post secondary education degree and preferably be
fluent in both English and French. The individual should be customer-oriented, energetic,
creative, visionary and a self-motivated professional. The proponent should have exceptional
personal and communication skills, with experience in economic development, planning, and
· Good planning and organizational skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Ability to develop and implement new ideas under the BIA mandate and obtain board
approval through presentation, cost/benefits analysis etc.
· A strong working knowledge of bookkeeping, general accounting practices, financial
reporting, budgeting and financial management.
· Ability to communicate effectively with other community associations and stakeholders.
· The ability to analyze and interpret government regulations and technical information and
to communicate the results to a broad audience.
· A proper understanding of the geographic, economic, political, social and cultural
differences that exists among the members of the Vanier BIA and other areas of Ottawa.
· Car required on several occasions
Other asset /skills that would enhance the performance of the Executive Director:
· Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and requiring limited supervision.
· Established network of contacts within municipal government
· Strong speaking and presentation skills.
· Experience in business recruitment and retention would be an asset
· Ability to act as a facilitator.
· Ability to build consensus
If you are interested, please send a resume and letter of interest by email to email@example.com , no later than Friday December 12th at 5pm.