Check out the links below to view the Quartier Vanier Safety Brochure!
The more you report safety issues, the more we can justify police resources in our area!
The Safety and Physical Environment Committee oversees the QV BIA environment. Our mission is to educate merchants on expanding safety measures to protect their place of business. We work closely with City officials to ensure maintenance of street infrastructure and the cleanliness of our commercial zone.
Safety Program Initiatives
- Regular contact with the Ottawa Police Service.
- Ambassador & Patrol Student Program (4 months/2300 hours).
- Graffiti Removal for all commercial buildings.
- Beautification of the commercial area such as new plants and landscaping.
- Clean-up and garbage removal of public and private property.
- Crime Prevention through the Environmental Design Program available to all our merchants to make their place of business safer.
- Monthly safety meeting for all our members.
- One-on-one consultation with all businesses about City of Ottawa polices and legislation.
- Regular outreach and informational handouts to all members in the BIA.
Life-threatening emergency or crime in progress: 911
Other emergencies: 613-230-6211
Community Police Centers and all other enquires: 613-236-1222
Graffiti Removal: 613-745-0040 or email@example.com